Matt Moss Keeps Podium Streak Running With Second Place Finish At J2

Off-Road Racing

Motul Suzukis Matt Moss continued his podium run at the fourth round of the 2015 Australian Supercross Championship held at Jimboomba, Qld on Saturday the 21st of November.

Sitting in second position in the championship heading into the round, Moss kick started his day by posting the second fastest time in SX1 qualifying as the temperature on track nudged 40 degrees celsius.

The two time reigning champion continued to show great pace during the two SX1 heat races, racing to a third place finish in the opening race after a small tip over, before finishing second in the second heat to give himself the second gate pick for the nights main event.

When the gates dropped on the final race of the evening Moss rocketed his 2016 Suzuki RM-Z450 into the lead, taking the holeshot and quickly became engaged in a tight battle with his championship rival Dan Reardon.

In a near identical replay of from round two of the championship at the same venue, Moss hit the ground as the duo battled for the lead and was left at the back of the field with plenty of work in front of him.

A hard charging Moss put in the ride of the night, carving his way through the pack and with just a handful of laps to run, moved himself into second position to take his fourth straight podium result of the series.

We are getting towards the end of the championship and things are certainly starting to change out there, Moss commented at the conclusion of the main event.

There is tight racing going on and it is going to be a good battle at these last two rounds as it comes down to the wire.

We are here to win the championship and know what we have to do to get it done, second place tonight is not ideal but we are still right in this and we showed we have the speed to match anyone on track.

We will head home for the week, continue to work hard and come out ready to challenge for win next weekend in Sydney.

For Motul Suzuki team-mate Kale Makeham though he was not able to ride the nights main event, the night was a positive step forward on his return to racing after injuring his ankle at round one.

Qualifying 9th fastest Makeham re-aggravated his ankle injury in the first heat race of the night. Lining up for the second heat, Makeham put in a solid ride to finish in 9th position despite the discomfort he was feeling.

With the pain in his ankle continuing to play on his mind during the second heat, Makeham made the decision to call it a night before the main event and will now focus on being ready for the AUS-X Open this coming Saturday.

It was good to be back out there amongst it and to get back behind the start gate, Makeham said.

I was running well in my heat race until I made a small mistake and re-aggravated my ankle. Unfortunately I had to make the decision to sit out the main event.

Ill rest up for a couple of days and I am confident that I will be good to go next weekend for round five in Sydney.

Catch Team Motul Suzuki in action this coming Saturday night, the 28th of November when the fifth round of the 2015 Australian Supercross Championship heads to Sydney for the AUS-X Open.