Ever Dreamt About Twins?
Show stopping looks and exhilarating performance is what you get with the all-new 2017 SV650. It's simple yet advanced design is right at home on all roads. Engineered for all riders and Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme (LAMS) approved, this motorcycle delivers an unforgettable experience with every ride. Take the keys, then take command of the excitement.
Thrilling 90° V-Twin engine
The Suzuki V-twin engine is a marvel of engineering and superb versatility. While at lower RPMs, this engine delivers powerful torque that’s easy to handle and a deep throaty sound. Open the throttle to the mid-range, and the power of the engine responds linearly and smoothly, yet always under your control. Finally at higher RPMs, the V- twin cruises with performance ready to go, even at higher gears. Achieving class-leading fuel economy of just 3.84L / 100km*.
*In WMTC mode measured by SUZUK
Dual Spark Technology
Suzuki’s Dual Spark Technology utilises two spark plugs per cylinder for precise ignition. The result is increased combustion efficiency, smoother power delivery, lower fuel consumption and lower emissions.
Trick LCD Instrument Panel
A multifunction LCD instrument panel displays gear position, digital speedometer, tachometer, as well as indicators for odometer, trip meter, average/instantaneous fuel consumption, driving range, clock, water temperature gauge and fuel gauge. Backlight is adjustable in six levels of brightness and can be set to your preference.
Low RPM Assist
New technology first featured on the new SV650, the Low RPM Assist feature seamlessly adjusts engine speed during take-off and low-speed riding to smooth out the power delivery and to help eliminate the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
Suzuki Easy Start System
The Suzuki Easy Start System lets the rider start the motorcycle with a momentary press of the start switch without pulling in the clutch lever when the transmission is in neutral.
The aluminium die-cast cylinder adopts the patented Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) chrome-plated cylinder, which provides high heat dissipation properties and resistance to wear. The hard exterior coat makes it possible to efficiently dissipate high heat while reducing friction, and achieve a consistent wear resistant seal on the piston rings.
Large 290mm dual front disc brakes with ABS and 240mm rear brake disc provide incredible stopping performance and control. Compact and lightweight, the SV650 introduces state-of-the-art ABS technology manufactured by Nissin, thus making it possible to further reduce vehicle weight without sacrificing performance. ABS control unit monitors wheel revolutions at 50 times per revolution and uses over 100 separate sensor data criteria in order to deliver a high degree of braking and stabilisation control. Stopping distance performance is maintained relatively the same across various road conditions.
Low seat height
The narrow, streamlined seat is measures only 785mm and is designed nearly flat from front to back, yet gives the rider a superior degree of visibility and grip in the upright position, especially from the front side where good foothold is essential. In addition, a luggage loop is available for securing on cargo.
Truss pipe frame
The truss is constructed of lightweight steel material that allows an overall slimmed down appearance while proudly emphasising the beauty of the bold V-twin engine.
Achieving a slim body isn’t just about the motorcycle’s seat height. The SV650’s streamlined profile is the result of ergonomically shaped side covers and optimised seat design, which let you straddle the motorcycle with your feet on the ground comfortably while stopped and easily lean into and manage corners while riding.
With a remarkably light wet weight of only 197kg, the SV650 makes manoeuvring and handling a sheer joy. The benefits of making the motorcycle lightweight are multi-fold — more responsive acceleration, nimble handling and greater confidence in manoeuvring. Riders of all levels can take to the city or winding roads and experience unobstructed fun.
Slender fuel tank
Despite its large 13.8 litre capacity, the fuel tank is slim yet sports an ergonomic form that is never cumbersome.
The 41mm front fork features a generous 125mm of wheel travel providing a sporty, yet plush ride. The rear shock is tuned for a superb progressive feel and to react efficiently to varied road conditions while still delivering an agile and stable feel. The rear shock’s spring pre-load is 7-way adjustable so you can easily make adjustments for a passenger or luggage.
The SV650’s advanced exhaust system has been designed to be light and compact, while conforming to EURO4 emissions standards and delivering excellent power and sound.
LED Tail & Stop Lights
An integrated twin-LED tail light and brake light configuration is compact yet slim. High-performance LEDs contribute to deliver excellent visibility and high durability, and makes for a sharp, sleek rear section.
- Each piston skirt features a special resin coating for minimised friction between the cylinder and piston.
- Suzuki’s innovative L-shaped piston rings contribute to reduce blow-by gas, resulting in less emissions and greater combustion efficiency.
- Ten-hole; long-nosed type fuel injectors on each throttle body improves fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and while reducing fuel consumption.
- The EFI system employs O2 feedback and a precise intake pressure sensor for optimum combustion efficiency in various conditions, and reduces emissions to an incredibly low level.
- Suzuki’s patented, Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) eases starting, stabilises the engine idle speed and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- Advanced, transistorized ignition control programming helps maintain more precise spark timing to the four iridium, long-life spark plugs.
- The close-ratio, six-speed transmission features carefully selected ratios that are equally well suited for commuting or spirited riding.
- The multiplate clutch has precise worm-gear actuation for a light pull and consistent release point.
- Five-spoke cast-aluminium-alloy wheels are shod with lightweight, front and rear DUNLOP radial tires for sharp handling and good mileage.
- Well proportioned, tubular handlebars and mid-set foot controls create a sporting, yet ergonomically relaxed riding position.
- Tastefully designed, round shaped headlight is multi-reflector type with 12V60/55W halogen bulb.
- Suzuki “S” 3-D emblems on the fuel tank and the fork upper bracket denotes the quality, sophistication and performance legacy of the brand.