Fully Faired All-Rounder
Boldly styled and impressively powerful, yet comfortable and user-friendly. A full 1255cm3 of robust torque.
A dramatic, neatly integrated look featuring a distinctive full fairing. All-round performance and exceptional value.
The 2015 GSX1250FA. Exciting, stimulating and tailored for sporting comfort.
1255cm3 of torque and power
With a full 1255cm3 of torque-producing displacement, the powerplant is tailored to wide-ranging sporty enjoyment, generating peak torque from relatively low in the rev range. Chrome-nitride coating, applied to each piston’s upper compression and oil control rings using a physical vapor deposition (PVD) vacuum chamber system, is harder and smoother than conventional chrome plating, resulting in reduced friction and tighter cylinder sealing.
A liquid-cooled oil cooler helps keep the engine running cool. Power is transmitted through a 6-speed transmission using gear ratios chosen for impressive accelerations as well as smooth highway cruising.
State of the art Fuel Injection
Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) digital closed-loop fuel injection for superb throttle response feel, extra-smooth power delivery, improved mileage and reduced emissions. Each 36mm throttle body contains a primary throttle valve - controlled by the rider with the throttle twist grip - and a secondary throttle valve controlled by the engine management computer, based on engine rpm, gear position and primary-valve position. The secondary valve opens and closes as needed to maintain ideal intake air velocity, resulting in more linear throttle response, enhanced combustion efficiency and increased low-rpm torque.
Anti-lock brake system
Equipped with fully floating 310mm-diameter dual front brake discs with 4-piston calipers, and a 240mm-diameter rear disc brake with a single-piston caliper. Digital Anti-lock Brake System, or ABS* monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
* Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
Attention to user convenience
The functionally arranged, easy-to-read instrument cluster contains a comprehensive set of gauges and indicators, including a convenient gear-position indicator and a shift light.
The height of the comfortably contoured seat can be adjusted up or down 20mm by removing, flipping over and re-installing clever mounting spacers between the seat and the frame seat rails.
Single rear shock that works with a progressive, rising-rate link system designed to respond smoothly to road irregularities. Rear shock rebound damping and spring preload are adjustable.
The grab bar incorporates hooks on either side of its base that are convenient on long tours.
A convenient center stand is standard equipment.
- Long-wearing, tough Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder-bore plating.
- Chrome-nitride piston-ring coating contributes to reduction of friction and tighter cylinder sealing.
- Secondary balancer shaft enhances the engine's smooth operation.
- Automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) helps improve cold starting, reduce cold-start emissions and stabilize engine idle under varying conditions.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler helps keep the engine running cool. Effective engine management and emissions control systems together allow the GSX1250FA to meet the latest emission regulations and standards.
- Functional full fairing, housing vertically stacked headlights and shaped for a neatly integrated impression with the tank and the tail section.
- Classic tube-frame chassis, with rake and trail chosen for an excellent balance between sporty handling and highway cruising comfort.
- 43mm-stanchion-tube front fork and single rear shock, both spring-preload-adjustable.