Refined Styling, Great Comfort
The Suzuki Bandit has won the respect and admiration of riders around the globe with its unmatched quality, wide power spread, and exceptional balance of performance, technology, and style. The new Bandit 1250S ABS refines its styling with a sculpted half-fairing that wraps around the radiator sides and is vented just below the headlight. In addition to sharpening the Bandit’s looks, the fairing improves aerodynamics providing riders with great wind protection and riding comfort. The new Bandit is tailored for your sporty riding on the country roads, and for great comfort on the highway riding. It's a ride you must experience, and a ride you won’t forget.
1255cm3 of torque and power
With a full 1255cm3 of torque-producing displacement, the powerplant is tailored to wide-ranging sporty enjoyment, generating peak torque from relatively low in the rev range. Chrome-nitride coating, applied to each piston’s upper compression and oil control rings using a physical vapor deposition (PVD) vacuum chamber system, is harder and smoother than conventional chrome plating, resulting in reduced friction and tighter cylinder sealing.
A liquid-cooled oil cooler helps keep the engine running cool. Power is transmitted through a 6-speed transmission using gear ratios chosen for impressive accelerations as well as smooth highway cruising.
State of the art Fuel Injection
Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) digital closed-loop fuel injection for superb throttle response feel, extra-smooth power delivery, improved mileage and reduced emissions. Each 36mm throttle body contains a primary throttle valve - controlled by the rider with the throttle twist grip - and a secondary throttle valve controlled by the engine management computer, based on engine rpm, gear position and primary-valve position. The secondary valve opens and closes as needed to maintain ideal intake air velocity, resulting in more linear throttle response, enhanced combustion efficiency and increased low-rpm torque.
Anti-lock brake system
Equipped with fully floating 310mm-diameter dual front brake discs with 4-piston calipers, and a 240mm-diameter rear disc brake with a single-piston caliper. Digital Anti-lock Brake System, or ABS* monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
* Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
The analog tachometer on the left incorporates FI and ABS indicators. The LCD panel on the right displays a digital speedometer and odometer, dual trip meters, clock, and a fuel gauge. The tachometer makes a full-scale sweep when switching on the ignition.
The height of the comfortably contoured seat can be adjusted up or down 20mm by removing, flipping over and re-installing clever mounting spacers between the seat and the frame seat rails.
Single rear shock that works with a progressive, rising-rate link system designed to respond smoothly to road irregularities. Rear shock rebound damping and spring preload are adjustable.
The grab bar incorporates hooks on either side of its base that are convenient on long tours.
A convenient center stand is standard equipment.
- The well-exposed, symmetrical-layout (centre-cam-drive) powerplant forms the core of Bandit 1250S's beautiful appearance.
- Long-wearing, tough Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder-bore plating.
- Friction-reducing chrome-nitride piston-ring coating.
- Secondary balancer shaft enhances the engine's smooth operation.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) utilises a 32-bit CPU that monitors and analyses engine speed, gear selection, throttle position, and data from an O2 sensor in the exhaust system to calculate the exact amount of fuel for each cylinder for optimum performance.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler helps keep the engine running cool.
- Six-speed transmission with gear ratios chosen for powerful acceleration and smooth highway cruising.
- Classic tube-frame chassis, with rake and trail chosen for an excellent balance between sporty handling and highway cruising comfort.
- 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and single rear shock absorber, both are spring-preload-adjustable.
- Radial tyres on cast 3-spoke aluminium-alloy wheels.
- Analog tachometer, LCD digital speedometer, LCD fuel gauge and clock, and LED indicator lights.