High Style, High Performance
With capabilities born of Suzuki’s Performance DNA heritage, the 2018 M109R Black Edition is a power cruiser using some of the largest pistons in the industry — a bike that will get your adrenaline flowing whenever you ride. Featuring aggressive blacked-out styling, it delivers awesome performance and massive amounts of torque from idle to redline. That’s complemented by smooth performance on the highway and precise, agile handling provided by its rigid chassis and inverted forks.
The M109R Black Edition features the following: Blacked-out exhaust system, clutch cover, magneto cover, cylinder head covers, air cleaner cover and final drive case, handlebars, clutch and brake levers, handlebar switch cases, rear view mirrors, fuel tank/instrument cover, front and rear wheels, front and rear brake calipers, frame side covers, rear fender stays, side-stand, steering stem clamps and front forks. Clear taillight and turn signal lenses.
The Boulevard M109R’s class-leading 1783cc, 8-valve DOHC, 54 degree, liquid-cooled, Suzuki fuel-injected V-twin engine is designed to produce massive tractable power and responsive torque for strong throttle response and quick acceleration for strong, versatile performance on the street or open highway.
Huge 112 mm (4.4 in) forged aluminium-alloy pistons with short skirts, and cut away sides riding on chrome moly steel connecting rods providing the class-leading torque and horsepower that give the M109R such a powerful ride on the highway. These are one of the largest reciprocating gasoline engine pistons being used in any production passenger car or motorcycle, while featuring race-proven design to reduce friction and inertial mass.
Massive 240mm rear tyre
Spiral spoke cast aluminum alloy wheels measure 130/70R18 up front and a massive 240/40R18 in the rear. The rear wheel wears a huge 240mm Dunlop radial tire- the largest ever used on a production Suzuki motorcycle, which not only gives the M109R an aggressive style and stance, but provides unrivaled grip and handling on the road.
GSX-R inspired brake package
Race-inspired radial mounted four piston front calipers and 310mm front brake rotors. The rear brake system includes a dual piston caliper and 275mm rear disc, providing the M109R with impressive stopping power.
- A 1783cc, 8-valve DOHC, 54-degree, liquid-cooled, V-Twin engine is designed to produce a massive tractable power and responsive torque.
- Each large cylinder bore is lined with Suzuki's race proven SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) for optimum heat transfer, tighter piston-to-cylinder clearances and reduced weight.
- Suzuki Advanced Sump System (SASS), a compact dry sump lubrication system, provides reduced engine height, a lower crankshaft position and a lower centre of gravity.
- Suzuki's class-leading electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system (SDTV) with 56mm throttle bodies, which maintains optimum air velocity for smooth low to mid-range throttle response.
- A unique two-stage cam drive system creates a compact cylinder head design, reduces overall engine height and creates a lower centre of gravity.
- A dual spark plug per cylinder ignition system is controlled by a powerful 32-bit ECM for improved combustion efficiency and reduced exhaust emissions.
- A three-piece, 9.5-liter volume air box (with dual intakes) includes two pleated fabric air cleaner elements located on both sides of the engine.
- The 2-into-1-into-2 stainless steel blacked-out exhaust system features Suzuki's digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system for optimum engine performance and a powerful V-Twin sound.
- Sculpted engine features blacked out engine covers that complement the visually striking cylinders with symmetrical, high-lighted cooling fins.
- A wide-ratio, constant-mesh five-speed transmission features a high fifth gear ratio for relaxed highway cruising.
- Low-maintenance shaft drive is clean-running and has minimal torque reaction as it efficiently transmits power to the massive 18-inch rear tire.
- A high-tensile double cradle steel frame is built to comfortably handle all the power and torque while delivering agile handling and a plush, smooth ride.
- Blacked-out, inverted front forks feature race-proven cartridge internals with 46mm stanchion tubes and provide 130mm of smooth wheel travel.
- Cast aluminium-alloy swingarm works with a progressive linkage and a single rear shock absorber; adjustable spring preload to suit rider and passenger weight.
- Twin front fully-floating disc-brakes with dual-piston calipers and a single-disc, rear brake with a single dual-piston caliper are ready to haul the bike down from speed.
- Flat-bend, drag-style handlebars are mounted on pull-back risers to be positioned within a short distance from the seat to improve the rider/machine interface, aiding comfort and control.
- The long-stretch fuel tank holds a full 19.5L of fuel.
- Tank-mounted analogue speedometer and LCD odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel gauge and clock.
- Instrument cluster including a digital tachometer, gear position indicator and LED indicator lights is integrated into the top of the headlight cowl.
- Both rider and passenger seats are made for comfort as they allow freedom of movement and accommodate riders of diﬀerent sizes, and are well cushioned.
- A sporty solo-seat cover (included) can be quickly swapped for the passenger seat for an even more aggressive look or for use on solo rides.