Find Adventure Everyday
The 2019 Suzuki V-Strom 250 ABS is equally at home in city traffic as it is on open roads when touring. Featuring a comfortable riding position, low 800mm seat height and a user friendly engine that delivers power and torque where you need it most. Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme (LAMS) approved.
The shell surrounding the headlight is designed to resemble a hard anodized finish flashlight.
Rear combination lights
The taillight adopts a surface-emitting LED.
Multi-function instrument panel
LED indicators include those for the turn signals, high beam, neutral, malfunction, ABS, RPM indicator, coolant temperature and oil pressure.The indicators are designed to be easy to recognise. The LCD instruments include: Speedometer, Tachometer, Odometer, Dual trip meters, Gear position, Driving range, Average fuel consumption, Fuel gauge, RPM indicator ON/OFF, Oil change timing indicator and a Clock.
Real World Engine Performance
The 248cm3 parallel-twin engine that powers the V-Strom 250 ABS underwent thorough analysis and optimisation to maximise low- to mid-range torque and provide a powerful ride that features ease of control. The overall efficiency achieved also helps realise better fuel economy and clean performance that satisfies the stringent Euro 4 emission regulations. With a full tank of fuel, the V-Strom 250 ABS has a riding range of over 500km* (*WMTC mode)
The cam profile for the V-Strom 250 ABS delivers maximum acceleration performance at speeds between 20km/h to 90km/h, as this is the range that is used most often. As an additional benefit, the cam profile also suppresses noise generation to deliver a smoother, more pleasant ride.
The compact windscreen benefits from repeated wind tunnel testing to optimise its shape, providing highly effective shielding for a more comfortable ride.
Side case attachment
Designing dedicated mounting clips to accommodate the optional side cases makes realises an integrated design that matches the bike. The large aluminium rear carrier with 8.5kg maximum capacity is fitted with hooks for attaching straps and that can also be used for attaching the optional top case.
Wheels, tyres and brakes
The sporty flair of newly designed 10-spoke wheels pairs with IRC tyres that provide a solid grip on the road. Stopping power is provided by petal-type front and rear disc brakes. An Antilock Brake System (ABS) made by BOSCH delivers greater confidence and control.
- A 12V DC outlet produces 12V/36W when riding 12V/12W at idle.
- Indicators feature clear lenses
- The cam profile delivers maximum acceleration performance at speeds between 20km/h to 90km/h, as this is the range that is
used most often. As an additional benefit, the cam profile also suppresses noise generation to deliver a smoother, more pleasant ride.
- The honing pattern used for the cylinder barrels maintains lubrication for the pistons in a manner that helps minimise any loss of performance due to friction.
- The cylinder head adopts roller type rocker arms that minimise friction loss.
- Thin, low tension piston rings were adopted to reduce friction and the shape of the piston ring grooves was also optimised.
- Adopting the use of projected tip spark plugs speeds up the rate of combustion. This improves response, especially when the throttle is not open far, and also improves fuel economy.
- The port sections on the intake valves are designed to optimise airflow into the combustion chamber. This helps achieve a high level of thermal efficiency for improved performance and reduced emissions.
- The two-into-one exhaust system for the V-Strom 250 ABS features an optimised shape for the chamber in front of the catalyzer. This maximises acceleration performance at mid-range speeds, while the efficiency of the system also reduces exhaust emissions.