The Ultimate Grand Tourer
With its vast distances and remote, rugged terrain, Australia is more than just a place you see, it’s a place you feel. Recognising this Suzuki Australia is pleased to announce the release of the 2016 V-Strom 1000GT –Grand Tourer.
Purposely built to support any rider’s adventuresome side, whether that adventure is a multi-day journey or a daily commute to work. The GT edition is equipped with Factory Suzuki 35L top box, side case set, centre stand, lower engine cowling, crash bars, large touring screen, LED indicators, hand guards, decal set and an attractive tank protector.
No adventure bike dubbed the Grand Tourer can go without these stylish crash bars. Underlining the unique touring look and providing protection to the motorcycle's engine and body, made from matt black powder coated, 2mm steel tube.
This stylish engine under cowling gives the V-Strom 1000GT a unique adventure touring look. Wherever your next adventure takes you, your bike will be well prepared.
Integrated side cases
The compact yet spacious side cases feature brushed aluminium panels and embossed Suzuki logos. Intergrated mounting system allows the cases to be mounted as close to the bikes centreline as possible to retain the V-Strom 1000s reknowned sporty handling characteristics. The 26L (right) and 29L (left) cases provide ample room for clothes, tools and other needs. Both cases attach, lock and detach using the bikes ignition key.
Topping it off
The elegant and rugged 35L Top Case features a brushed aluminium panel, embosed Suzuki logo and provides plenty of storage space, enough to hold a full-face helmet. One key operation ensures user convenience.
Thumping 90-degree V-Twin
The 1,037cc, 90-degree V-twin, DOHC, liquid-cooled engine is designed to deliver outstanding performance across the entire powerband. This broad capability is necessary to take on the road surfaces that riders encounter during long-distance tours, such as congested streets, gravel roads, high-speed highways and twisty winding roads. This fantastic engine produces maximum torque (103.0Nm) at 4,000rpm, which is much lower than its competitors and provides a more relaxed and enjoyable riding experience with less gear changes as a result.
Suzuki Traction Control System
The traction control system continuously monitors the front and rear wheel the speeds, the throttle position sensor, the crank position sensor, and the gear position sensor. It quickly reduces engine output when it detects wheel spin. It controls the engine output by managing the ignition timing and air delivery. The rider can select three modes (1, 2, and off). Modes 1 and 2 differ in terms of sensitivity. Mode 1 has lower sensitivity; it allows a certain degree of rear wheel spin. Mode 2 has higher sensitivity; the system effects traction control sooner.
The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) works as a slipper clutch on downshifts. It affords a certain degree of clutch slip to enable smooth downshift operation, thereby reducing rider fatigue. It also works as an assist clutch to make the lever easier to pull.
Comprehensive instrument cluster
The instruments include an analogue tachometer and a brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include an odometer, dual trip meters, the gear position, the coolant and ambient temperatures, the voltage, the riding range, the average fuel consumption, the instantaneous fuel consumption, the traction control mode, a fuel gauge, and a clock..
12V DC outlet
12V DC outlet is located below the instrument panel for ease of use. The socket is ideal for powering a sat-nav unit and for charging mobile devices.
Standard feature on the V-Strom 1000GT is the convient centre stand which makes parking and ongoing maintenance tasks such as lubricating the drive chain and checking tyre pressures a breeze.
Sporty Aluminium frame
The aluminium, twin-spar frame was designed with the latest FEM analysis technology. It is stiffer and 13% lighter than that of the previous generation V-Strom 1000.
A taller and wider wind screen is fitted to the V-Strom 1000GT. The larger touring screen aims to increase the protection from the wind and weather for taller riders and longer rides. Adjustable to 3 angles without tools, plus 3 additional mounting heights.
Tokico monoblock front brake calipers are mated with dual 310mm floating discs for strong braking performance.
An Antilock Brake System (ABS) enhances brake performance as the system monitors wheels speeds 50 times per wheel rotation and matches stopping power to the available traction.
KYB Inverted Front Fork
43mm KYB inverted front forks provide a sporty yet plush ride in diverse conditions. The front forks are fully adjustable in terms of damping and spring preload.
A 32-bit engine control module provides state-of-the-art engine management and has optimised settings to suit the single muffler, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- Fuel economy (4.78L/100km or 20.9km/L in the Worldwide Motorcycle Test Cycle) gives a calculated riding range of 418km and is 16% better than that of the previous model.
- Twin iridium spark plugs for each cylinder heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, thereby contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle.
- Pistons were engineered with use of FEM analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- Fuel injection by Suzuki’s original Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system enables smooth power delivery and optimal combustion efficiency.
- 10-hole fuel injectors (replacing four-hole injectors) on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and lower fuel consumption.
- The magneto features a low-loss material that heightens power-generating efficiency for lower mechanical losses and accordingly higher output at low and medium-range engine speeds.
- The open-type rectifier disconnects the magneto when the magneto is not generating electricity. Since the magneto does not work unnecessarily, mechanical losses are lower and torque is accordingly higher at low and mid-range engine speeds.
- The single-muffler layout gives a lower centre of gravity and thereby enables better handling and manoeuvrability.
- The exhaust system has Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) technology. An ECM-controlled butterfly in the exhaust pipe optimises the exhaust pressure, increases controllability.
- A large-volume catalyzer further reduces emissions of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen oxides, thereby enabling the bike to satisfy the Euro 3 regulations.
- Seat and fuel tank meet slim thanks to slim V-twin engine design, enables easy foot reach to the ground. High and Low Genuine Accessory seat options are also available.
- Rear suspension spring pre-load is adjustable in 24ways without using tools.
- Lightweight 10-spoke cast-aluminium wheels (manufactured by Enkei) combine nimble handling with sporty looks.
- The rider can switching between LCD readings using the left handlebar switch.
- To emphasise Suzuki’s heritage, the bike reflects design cues from the 1988 DR750S, Suzuki’s first adventure touring motorcycle.
- The headlights have the distinctive vertical configuration seen on the Hayabusa and GSX-R sportbikes.
- Rear combination lights have LEDs, which offer higher visibility and greater durability than bulbs.
- The seat is shaped for comfort and to allow riders to easily put their feet on the ground. The side walls of the seat have a high-grip texture for strong hold.