18,000 Reasons Why
Originally introduced in 1999 and becoming an Aussie bush icon with over 18,000 sold the DR-Z400E is a bike unlike any other currently available. Year after year it continues to be one of the top choices by trail riders looking for a capable enduro weapon without the costly and time consuming maintenance schedules.
Powered by a 398cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, single cylinder, 4-stroke engine with electric starting that produces broad, tractable power and torque, making obstacles such as long hill climbs a breeze.
The air filter can be easily accessed without tools, grease nipples are featured on the swingarm pivot and linkage bearings for easy maintenance.
An easy-to-read multi-function digital instrument includes speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters with both addition and subtraction functions, clock and stopwatch with subtraction capability.
Unifying Suzuki’s off-road motorcycle branding, the RM-Z and DR-Z series have now adopted yellow with blue accent styling inspired by the factory MXGP machine. Also a welcome addition for MY18 is the anodized black rims which perfectly complement the DR-Z’s sleek new styling.
An Australian Legend
398cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve engine produces broad, tractable power and torque, and features compact, streamlined design for the double advantage of low engine positioning and extra-slim, off-road rider-friendly chassis.
Easy-to-read multi-function digital instrument includes speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters with both addition and subtraction functions, clock and stopwatch with subtraction capability.
Push of a button
Rider-friendly electric engine starter with compact electric starter motor.
Powerful brake package
250mm front disc brake with Nissin dual-piston caliper and 220mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) plated engine's aluminium cylinder for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- KEIHIN FCR39SS flat-side carburettor for seamless, smooth engine power delivery.
- Dry-sump oiling system makes crankcase compact.
- Magnesium-alloy clutch, magneto and cam covers contribute to weight reduction.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI system monitors throttle position/engine rpm and adjusts ignition timing to maintain efficient combustion.
- Automatic decompression system lifts one exhaust valve at cranking rpm for easy starting.
- The DR-Z400E's bodywork features smooth transitions between the tail and seat to facilitate machine control on off-road.
- Long-travel, 49mm-stanchion-tube front forks with protective rubber boots and progressive-linkage rear suspension system are both multi-adjustable.
- Progressive-linkage rear shock absorber system for excellent rear wheel traction.
- Aluminium-alloy engine guard plate protects the bottom of engine.
- Narrow frame made of thin, round and rectangular chrome-moly steel tubes for exceptional torsional rigidity with minimum weight and lightweight aluminium bolt-on rear subframe.
- Air filter can be accessed with your bare hands, grease nipples of the swingarm pivot and shock absorber linkage bearing, and clutch cover can be removed without draining the engine coolant all for easy maintenance.