Cape York Edition
DR-Z400E is synonymous with Cape York
Suzuki’s DR-Z400E is synonymous with Cape York. Local tour operators have trusted the legendary DR-Z to power their motorcycle fleets for over two decades. For MY20 Suzuki is recognising this remarkable feat by introducing the DR-Z400E Cape York Edition.
The Cape York Edition includes $1000 worth of extras that amplifies the DR-Z’s off-road ability, taking common upgrades undertaken by Australian customers and providing them as standard fitment.
Genuine Suzuki Bash Plate
Standard fitment on the "Cape York Edition", the Genuine Suzuki Aluminium Bash Plate offers greater protection for Trail and Enduro riding. Single-bolt removable allows for easy servicing. Includes all necessary hardware including stainless steel brackets.
Genuine Suzuki Radiator Guards
Standard fitment on the "Cape York Edition", the Genuine Suzuki Radaitor Guards have been designed to provide great protection with minimal reduction in airflow while keeping the weight increase down. Incorporating tubes across the face of the guard offering excellent side impact protection.
Genuine Suzuki Muffler End Cap
Standard fitment on the "Cape York Edition", the Genuine Suzuki muffler end cap increases performance whilst reducing sound by approximately 5 decibels.
Genuine Suzuki Hand Guards
Standard fitment on the "Cape York Edition" and designed in collaboration with Barkbuster Australia, the Genuine Suzuki Enduro Hand Guards feature a compact, full wrap around aluminium handguard with integrated and replaceable plastic guards included. Ideal for tight bush riding.
ProTaper SE Handlebars & Grips
Standard fitment on the "Cape York Edition", the Seven Eights (SE) handlebars are constructed from 2000 series aluminium alloy, replacing the standard steel handlebars to provide solid, predictable feedback to the rider. Complimented by ProTaper grip set for increased comfort.
Pirelli Scorpion XC Tyre Set
Provided with the "Cape York Edition", the Pirelli Scorpion XC tyre set is specially developed for enduro and trail riding use providing maximum traction and steering precision.
An Australian Legend
398cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve engine produces broad, tractable power and torque, and features compact, streamlined design for the double advantage of low engine positioning and extra-slim, off-road rider-friendly chassis.
Easy-to-read multi-function digital instrument includes speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters with both addition and subtraction functions, clock and stopwatch with subtraction capability.
Push of a button
Rider-friendly electric engine starter with compact electric starter motor.
Powerful brake package
250mm front disc brake with Nissin dual-piston caliper and 220mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper.
The DR-Z400E is an Australian off-road icon, but don't just take our word for it, see what others in the know have to say about the mighty DR!
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) plated engine's aluminium cylinder for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- KEIHIN FCR39SS flat-side carburettor for seamless, smooth engine power delivery.
- Dry-sump oiling system makes crankcase compact.
- Magnesium-alloy clutch, magneto and cam covers contribute to weight reduction.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI system monitors throttle position/engine rpm and adjusts ignition timing to maintain efficient combustion.
- Automatic decompression system lifts one exhaust valve at cranking rpm for easy starting.
- The DR-Z400E's bodywork features smooth transitions between the tail and seat to facilitate machine control on off-road.
- Long-travel, 49mm-stanchion-tube front forks with protective rubber boots and progressive-linkage rear suspension system are both multi-adjustable.
- Progressive-linkage rear shock absorber system for excellent rear wheel traction.
- Aluminium-alloy engine guard plate protects the bottom of engine.
- Narrow frame made of thin, round and rectangular chrome-moly steel tubes for exceptional torsional rigidity with minimum weight and lightweight aluminium bolt-on rear subframe.
- Air filter can be accessed with your bare hands, grease nipples of the swingarm pivot and shock absorber linkage bearing, and clutch cover can be removed without draining the engine coolant all for easy maintenance.