Racing Success Starts Here!
The RM85 delivers everything first-time motocross racers demand and is equipped with technology from Suzuki's championship-winning two-stroke motocross weapons. The junior-size RM85 is the perfect tool for young riders learning to race and win.
Engineered to perform, the high revving 85cc reed valve engine features alloy exhaust valves for more stable combustion, in combination with the Keihin PE28 carburettor.
At ground level, inverted Showa cartridge forks use a progressive valve system with damping tuned to match the strong rear shock. The braking system boasts large discs and a twin-piston caliper up front.
The RM85 comes with 17-inch front and 14-inch rear tyres, 1,240mm wheelbase and 850mm of seat height.
84.7cm3, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve engine with bore and stroke of 48.0mm x 46.8mm. The cylinder features Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) for durability, weight reduction and effective heat transfer to get superior class performance.
The RM85 comes with a twin-piston caliper front brake with 220mm large-diameter disc provide unrivaled braking performance with excellent feel at the lever.
37mm Showa front forks
Showa 37mm inverted front forks are completely adjustable for rider weight, style and ability. The forks feature a cartridge damping system with fullyadjustable
rebound damping and 20-way adjustable compression damping. The front forks offer 275mm of travel, for smooth, confident handling over tough terrain and difficult tracks.
Each side of the seat has textured surface for better knee gripping.
- Exhaust valves made of aluminium to match well the expansion rate of the cylinder itself improve sealing.
- The exhaust valve governor and actuator with good throttle response and tractability.
- Digital CDI map offers the suitable engine performance at high rpm.
- Smooth shifting 6-speed transmission features a fully worked-out shift mechanism, including strong shift-drum detent spring and needle bearing on the left side of the shift drum.
- Knurled shift-pedal tip delivers excellent grip and shift feel.
- Tubular steel frame and aluminium swingarm with thick wall for performance on the track, especially in the corners.
- A Showa rear shock absorber, with its large diameter shock body, is designed and properly valved to produce a plush feel and increase bottoming resistance.
- The Showa rear shock provides 277mm of wheel travel for smooth, consistent handling and performance on demanding racetracks.
- Light small-diameter front and rear brake hose. Front brake hose is routed behind the fork leg, eliminating the need for a brake hose cover and reducing weight.
- Rigid rear brake caliper with reliable braking performance, long pad life and easy maintenance.
- Plastic rear brake caliper guard reduces the possibility of deformation and saving weight as well.
- The RM85 comes with 17-inch front and 14-inch rear tyres, 1,240mm wheelbase and 850mm of seat height.
- Footpegs are made of cast chrome-molybdenum steel, instead of stamped steel, making them more durable with better grip.
- A long clutch lever makes it easy to accurately locate and work the engagement point during starts and when clutching off at corners.