Race Ready Out Of The Crate
Championship-winning performance, ready for you. Fuel-injected 249cm3 engine packing an impressive low-to-midrange power and a thrilling high-rpm rush. Refined chassis incorporating lessons from the racetrack. Eye-catching, slim, aggressive styling. The RM-Z250 – the perfect racing package for MX racers worldwide.
Power at the Top
The 249cm3, 4-stroke, fuel-injected, DOHC engine, with a compact and lightweight design, powers the RM-Z250's championship-winning performance.
Through feedback from factory racing, the piston and piston pin were developed using Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis. The piston is 3% lighter than in the previous model while retaining rigidity. It has slightly thinner skirt walls, a shorter piston pin and narrower piston pin boss to help cut weight but not sacrifice performance and durability. A reinforcing rib on the intake underside adds rigidity; the exhaust underside is left alone for best lubrication and cooling efficiency.
For quick fuel adjustment setting to suit riding conditions,
two couplers are enclosed. One is for rich and another for lean fuel setting compared to stock setting. Customer can change fuel setting to best suit the riding conditions by just connecting either coupler.
48mm Showa SFF Fork
The Separate Function front Fork (SFF) from Showa, separates the spring and damping tasks. The right leg holds the spring, while the left leg incorporates the cartridge assembly to manage damping. This results in reduced friction, increased absorption performance, and weight saving.
The RM-Z250 features a twin-spar aluminium frame and aluminium swing arm developed and refined for a highly optimised balance between rigidity and superb high speed traction. Smart chassis design details also include footrest brackets shaped to help prevent mud clogging.
Renthal Aluminium Fatbar is standard equipment.
Offering more strength and less vibration than standard size aluminium handlebars.
The RM-Z250 features a 5-speed transmission that provides increased flexibility, boasting gear ratios suited for various track types and conditions, with impressive acceleration, especially in 1st gear, to make it first off the line and through the holeshot!
Race-inspired wave disc rotors
Offer enhanced cooling performance and efficient mud slinging, working in conjunction with a lightweight Nissin calipers result in exceptional braking performance and consistent feel at the lever. Excel aluminimiun rims equipped with Dunlop Geomax tyres are also standard equipment.
- The advanced battery-less fuel-injection (FI) system features a 44mm throttle body with progressive throttle linkage and a 16-bit computer.
- The fuel injection system uses a unique capacitor-assisted starting system and is powered by a durable, lightweight magneto-generator after starting.
- The aluminium cylinder with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating is built for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
- The front fork spring pre-load and damping force are fully adjustable, allowing wider range of setting.
- The gripper seat has knurled patterns on its grey top surface to provide the rider with additional grip.
- A maintenance cap for the fuel pump and a plug for the fuel hose are included for ease of maintenance when the customer removes the fuel tank for maintenance.
- The muffler body uses conventional bolts in end cap instead of rivets to simplify the replacement of the glass wool packing in the muffler.