Race Ready Out Of The Crate
The RM-Z250 continues to deliver a high level of performance for 2018 by incorporating a variety of features originally created for Suzuki’s factory race machines. The 2018 model receives the same Champion Yellow colour scheme with blue accent styling inspired by the factory MXGP machine. The RM-Z250’s engine has been refined over the years to offer stellar mid-range power and torque is enhanced while maximum power is maintained. Power delivery is smoother and linear for easier control. Taking features and performance upgrades directly from the Suzuki MX2 and MXGP World Championship factory machines, the 2018 RM-Z250 is ready to excite.
The RM-Z250s engine has been refined so mid-range power and torque is enhanced while maximum power is maintained. Power delivery is smoother and linear for easier control.
Suzuki Holeshot Assist Control (S-HAC) is a selectable launch mode system derived straight from factory race bikes. S-HAC helps the rider in launching from starting gate for an early lead. S-HAC has two selectable modes so riders can choose the best option for the conditions and their skill level.
Designed for ease of use and maximum control of power to the ground, S-HAC lets you match the engine’s power delivery to the starting conditions. A new, three-stage version of S-HAC fitted to the RM-Z250 adjusts the ignition map for the initial moment of launch, then re-adjusts timing for the time the motorcycle moves through the starting gate area, then another adjustment is applied during the longer primary acceleration period.
KYB PSF2 front fork
New design KYB PSF2 Pneumatic Spring front fork uses air chambers in place of steel springs for light weight, easy adjustability, improved damper performance and smooth action from low friction. Riders can adjust both air forks with one balanced air pressure setting from a hand-pump. Compression damping is adjustable while rebound damping force is both high- and low-speed adjustable.
New KYB rear shock
Latest design KYB rear shock absorber is connected link style to the swingarm via re-shaped cushion rods and spacers. The nitrogen-charged, piggyback style shock features a new top-mounted integral adjuster system for easy adjustment of the high- and low-speed rebound, and high- and low-speed compression damping force adjusters. Spring preload can be precisely tuned via a threaded collar on the main shock body.
Factory developed piston
The latest piston design receives shot-peening surface treatment for greater durability. The piston pin is now DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) coated, for less friction and greater durability. New L-shaped type piston ring increases sealing performance and reduces blow-by gas. All these changes contribute to increased durability and wider range of power.
The latest intake and exhaust camshaft specification delivers a wider range of engine performance. The redesigned decompression system on the latest generation RM-Z250 allows for even easier starting.
Hi-Comp intake valves
Intake valves have been redesigned to increase compression ratio and increase intake efficiency. Compression ratio is increased from 13.5:1 to 13.75:1.
Slippery cam chain tensioner
Redesigned Cam Chain tensioner reduces friction and increases durability, while a new adjuster has a greater range of tension to reduce drag
Renthal Aluminium Fatbar
Fitted as standard equipment , the top-shelf Renthal aluminium Fatbar offers more strength and less vibration than standard size aluminium handlebars.
Rich & Lean Fuel Couplers
Riders can adjust the engine performance to suit varied track conditions. By plugging in either of two additional fuel-setting couplers, riders can opt for a richer-than-stock or leaner-than-stock fuel setting to make the most of any riding conditions. Included with the bike, these couplers can be easily plugged in trackside.
MA & Suzuki Exclusive Member Benefits
Suzuki and Motorcycling Australia have teamed up to offer MA Members & Officials a series of exclusive offers. As a token of appreciation for purchasing a new Suzuki Motorcycle before 30 June 2018, Suzuki Australia will cover the cost of your annual MA license fee. Find Out More
Suzuki Support Rider (SSR)
Racing is at the core of Suzuki. It is the thread that sews together Suzuki's heritage, the driving force that pushes product innovation, and the reason why countless riders have chosen to compete aboard Suzuki equipment. As Suzuki continues to define Australian racing, we are excited to announce the Suzuki Support Rider (SSR) Contingency program for 2018. Suzuki wants to give racers a real chance at being rewarded for their commitment and results by offering up to $900K in available contingency for National and State Motocross and Supercross, National and State Superbike and Supersport, Australian Off-Road Championship, Finke and Hattah desert races. Click Here to find out more.
- Black anodized Excel aluminium rims are made specifically to withstand rugged racing environments, including Supercross, Motocross and off-road conditions.
- Triple clamps are anodized black, complementing the gold forks.
- New MXGP inspired body panel colors, graphics and seat cover.
- Race-inspired waved disc rotors are mounted to black EXCEL aluminium rims with stainless steel spokes.
- Lightweight front brake caliper has reduced mass while still providing outstanding stopping force.
- Slim chassis design creates a trim riding position, allowing the rider to actively take control of the machine.
- Aluminium fuel tank provides sound foundation and cooling for the internal EFI fuel pump. Fuel capacity is 6.5L.
- The advanced battery-less fuel-injection (FI) system features a 44mm throttle body with progressive throttle linkage and a 16-bit computer.
- The fuel injection system uses a unique capacitor-assisted starting system and is powered by a durable, lightweight magneto-generator after starting.
- The aluminium cylinder with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating is built for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
- Well-designed 5-speed transmission enables precise gear shift operation. The gear selection feel and accuracy is the result of a refined shift cam and shift lever. Specialised machining processes ensure the precision of the matching gears
- The gripper seat has knurled patterns on its yellow top surface to provide the rider with additional grip.
- A maintenance cap for the fuel pump and a plug for the fuel hose are included for ease of maintenance when the customer removes the fuel tank for maintenance.
- The muffler body uses conventional bolts in end cap instead of rivets to simplify the replacement of the glass wool packing in the muffler.