V-Strom 650 ABS
Time For Real Adventures
The spirit of adventure beckons you to new destinations. To new sights, sounds and sensations.
The V-Strom 650 ABS is built to get you there with more enjoyment and excitement, in greater comfort.
The V-Strom 650 ABS. Time for real adventures.
The power for freedom
The V-Strom 650’s four-stroke, DOHC, 645cm3 90-degree V-twin engine is ready for full-range riding enjoyment. It offers the distinctive beat feel of a V-twin, ample torque for easy handling at low and mid-range revs, and powerful performance at the high end of the rev range. A broad powerband makes for smooth going on steep mountain passes, open highways, and crowded city streets. Plus, great fuel economy ensures a class-*leading riding range.
*650cm3～800cm3 adventure touring models
Fuel Injection with Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV)
SDTV 39mm throttle bodies use, in addition to the rider-operated primary throttle valve positioned on the intake-valve side, a secondary throttle valve mounted on the airbox side that’s driven by a compact, lightweight DC stepping motor. The ECU determines the secondary-throttle-valve position for maintaining the optimum intake velocity for each riding conditions, based on engine rpm, gear position and the position of the primary throttle valve. The SDTV system optimises the intake-charge velocity in each rpm range, allowing intake mixture with optimum air-fuel ratio to be constantly supplied to the combustion chamber, thus helping deliver abundant low to-mid rpm range torque and a linear throttle response while keeping emissions low.
Instruments and Anti-Theft Immobiliser
A compact, easy-to-read instrument cluster combines an analogue tachometer with a big, brightness-adjustable LCD that shows the gear position, ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, coolant temperature, clock, and fuel gauge. The rider can select LCD indications using the left handlebar switch. A short push toggles the odometer section to tripmeter, fuel consumption, and brightness. A long push changes the clock section to the ambient temperature. LED indicators include a road freeze indicator that, together with the ambient temperature display, helps the rider monitor road conditions. A Suzuki Advanced Immobiliser System helps prevent theft by means of an electronic code identification system built into the owner’s key.
Comfortable riding position
A comfortable riding position that helps reduce fatigue on long-distance tours is created by slightly raising the seat position to optimise its relation to the handlebars. The upright position allows much freedom of rider movement and, together with the slim, lightweight chassis, make the rider feel at one with the machine. Slim seat design keeps rider leg reach to the ground easy.
Front forks with 43mm stanchion tubes are tuned for a combination of rigidity feel and smoothness of operation; spring preload is 5-way adjustable to suit road conditions, rider tastes or the carrying of a passenger or luggage. The link-type rear suspension, designed for progressive response, comes with stepless rebound damping adjuster as well as a spring preload adjuster that’s conveniently located below the right sidecover. Front suspension stroke is a generous 150mm, the rear wheel travel 159mm. The well-damped front and rear suspensions enhance riding comfort.
Twin-spar aluminium-alloy frame and swingarm
The V-Strom 650 ABS’s twin-spar aluminium-alloy frame is built using cast and extruded pieces while the swingarm combines extruded arms and pivot with a cast joint section. The lightweight frame and swingarm compose a superb match with the powerful engine, contributing to smooth handling performance and well-poised running at high-speeds with their excellent rigidity balance.
Disc brakes and Antilock Brake System (ABS)
Front dual 310mm-disc brakes with hydraulic dual-piston calipers and rear 260mm-disc brake with a hydraulic single-piston caliper deliver smooth, controllable stopping power. New, high-pressure brake hose which is more resistant to expansion further improves the responsive brake feel. New, standard equipment Antilock Brake System (ABS) unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS enhances brake performance by helping prevent, to a certain extent, wheel locking due to changes in road conditions or excessive braking, by matching stopping power to available traction.
3-way height-adjustable windscreen
is carefully shaped with extensive wind tunnel testing and it efficiently reduces wind noise and rider fatigue.
- Compact, slim styling featuring a vivid combination of expressive painted sections and functional black resin components accentuates the sporty profile.
- The sporty, dynamic front fairing houses compact dual multi-reflector headlight delivering superb light distribution.
- Stylish and functional front air intakes and side air outlets contribute to both looks and rider comfort.
- Comfortable riding position composed with a well-shaped seat, slim 20-liter fuel tank and compactly tucked-in frame covers make the rider feel at one with the machine.
- Functional seat, combining red-stitched leather-look sections and suede-look, slip-resistant surfaces, and topped with an embossed V-Strom logo.
- The upswept muffler, topped with a silver cover and a buffed-finish end cap is gracing the rear end.
- Lightweight resin luggage carrier comes with a slip-resistant rubber mat and is one piece with well-shaped, easy-to-grasp grab bars.
- Efficient engine designs deliver high mileage and class-leading riding range.
- Radiator with a more compact core, flanked by wind-directing plates shaped with holes for enhancing cooling efficiency and allowing hot radiator air to flow out to the side air outlets and away from the rider’s legs.
- The fuel injection system uses fine-atomization 10-hole fuel injectors for high combustion efficiency.
- The 6-speed transmission is tailored for active sporty rides with tighter 1st through 5th gear ratios, while keeping highway cruises comfortable with a tall top gear.
- A high-speed 32-bit ECU controls Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system, contributing to enhanced low-to-mid rpm range torque, a linear throttle response and lower emissions.
- Twin iridium spark plugs for each cylinder heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to increased power, a more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up and a more stable idle.
- Suzuki-developed and patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) contributes to easy cold starting, stable idle and lower emissions.
- 19-inch front and 17-inch rear radial tires specifically designed for the V-Strom 650 ABS.
- Transponder-type Suzuki Advanced Immobilizer System (SAIS) helps prevent theft with an electronic code ID system built into the owner’s key.