All Adventure. No Compromises
Picture the most thrilling way to cross the planet on two wheels. You would have the power and durability to tackle mountain roads. And the inspiration to explore roads unknown. Day after day, you would feel light on your feet, comfortable, ready to push ahead. Your gear would stow easily. You would know you could rely on the technology. It is time to get out there. Introducing the ultimate touring machine for every road. The V-Strom 1000.
A redesigned 1037cc, 90-degree V-twin engine is designed to get you where you want to go. Whether it is around town, on the open highway, or down the road less traveled.
The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) works as a slipper clutch on downshifts. It affords a certain degree of clutch slip to enable smooth downshift operation, thereby reducing rider fatigue. It also works as an assist clutch to make the lever easier to pull.
Suzuki Traction Control System
The V-Strom 1000 ABS has Suzuki’s first motorcycle traction control system, which enables the rider to control the throttle with more confidence in diverse riding conditions. The rider can select three modes (1, 2, and off). Modes 1 and 2 differ in terms of sensitivity. Mode 1 has lower sensitivity; it allows a certain degree of rear wheel spin. Mode 2 has higher sensitivity; the system effects traction control sooner.
12V DC outlet
is located below the instrument panel for ease of use. The socket is ideal for powering a sat-navigation unit and for charging mobile devices.
The frame was designed with the latest FEM analysis technology.
It is stiffer and 13% lighter than that of the previous model.
Tokico 4-piston monoblock front brake calipersare mated with 310mm floating-mount dual discs for strong braking performance.
The instruments include
an analogue tachometer and a brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include an odometer, dual trip meters, the gear position, the coolant and ambient temperatures, the voltage, the riding range, the average fuel consumption, the instantaneous fuel consumption, the traction control mode, a fuel gauge, and a clock.
43mm KYB Inverted Front Forkprovides a sporty yet plush ride in diverse conditions. The front forks are fully adjustable in terms of damping and spring preload.
- The light and compact Anti-Lock brake system (ABS)^ system monitors the wheel speed as much as 50 times per wheel rotation and matches the stopping power to the available traction.
- The exhaust has been completely redesigned with Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) technology which has an ECM-controlled butterfly located in the exhaust pipes that optimizes pressure.
- The piston rings are thinner and have 15% less tensile force for lower friction. They contribute to higher combustion efficiency and fuel economy.
- New pistons were engineered with use of FEM analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight. Although the pistons are larger than the ones they replace, they are the same weight and equally rigid.
- Twin iridium spark plugs for each cylinder heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, thereby contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle.
- The fuel tank has slimmed thanks to the new slimmer V-twin engine Redesigned main frame and subframe increases rigidity balance for greater stability and handling. It’s also 13% lighter than the previous model.
- Newly designed Enkei wheels are a lightweight 10-spoke cast aluminum.
- Distinctive vertical headlight configuration mirrors the infamous Hayabusa and GSX-R sportbikes.
- The seat is shaped for comfort and the sidewalls have a high-grip texture. The seat height has also been lowered compared to previous years so riders can easily put their feet on the ground.