All Adventure. No Compromises
The 2015 V-Strom 1000 ABS is designed for unforgettable sport-adventure riding. It has a Suzuki fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin engine tuned for incredible low-end and mid-range torque, so you can tap into thrilling acceleration in every gear. It is also equipped with traction control, a key to its versatile capabilities. That performance is matched by a lightweight chassis and advanced suspension that provides remarkably crisp handling even on the tightest back road
Thumping 90-degree V-Twin
The four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 1037cc 90-degree V-twin engine is designed to deliver outstanding performance across the entire powerband. This broad capability is necessary to take on the road surfaces that riders encounter during long-distance tours, such as congested streets, gravel roads, high-speed highways and twisting, winding roads
Suzuki Traction Control System
The traction control system continuously monitors the front and rear wheel the speeds, the throttle position sensor, the crank position sensor, and the gear position sensor. It quickly reduces engine output when it detects wheel spin. It controls the engine output by managing the ignition timing and air delivery. The rider can select three modes (1, 2, and off). Modes 1 and 2 differ in terms of sensitivity. Mode 1 has lower sensitivity; it allows a certain degree of rear wheel
spin. Mode 2 has higher sensitivity; the system effects traction control sooner.
The Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) works as a slipper clutch on downshifts. It affords a certain degree of clutch slip to enable smooth downshift operation, thereby reducing rider fatigue. It also works as an assist clutch to make the lever easier to pull.
Comprehensive instrument cluster
The instruments include an analogue tachometer and a brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include an odometer, dual trip meters, the gear position, the coolant and ambient temperatures, the voltage, the riding range, the average fuel consumption, the instantaneous fuel consumption, the traction control mode, a fuel gauge, and a clock..
12V DC outlet
12V DC outlet is located below the instrument panel for ease of use. The socket is ideal for powering a sat-nav unit and for charging mobile devices.
Sporty Aluminium frame
The aluminium, twin-spar frame was designed with the latest FEM analysis technology. It is stiffer and 13% lighter than that of the previous generation V-Strom 1000.
Tokico monoblock front brake calipers are mated with dual 310mm floating discs for strong braking performance.
An Antilock Brake System (ABS) enhances brake performance as the system monitors wheels speeds 50 times per wheel rotation and matches stopping power to the available traction.
Integrated luggage system
Suzuki developed a smart integrated three-part luggage system within its design programme for the V-Strom 1000 ABS. You can attach and remove the Genuine Suzuki Accessory side cases and the top box quickly and easily without using tools. The side cases can each hold plenty of gear (29 litres on the
left; 26 litres on the right) while keeping the bike slim for manoeuvrability. The top case can hold 35 litres of gear or a full-face helmet. For more convenience, the key cylinders for the cases are supplied with the motorcycle. The cases can be locked and unlocked using the ignition key.
Outstanding Wind Protection
A 3-way height- and angle-adjustable windscreen has been carefully shaped through extensive wind-tunnel testing to reduce wind noise and rider fatigue. The angle is easily adjusted by hand.
KYB Inverted Front Fork
43mm KYB inverted front forks provide a sporty yet plush ride in diverse conditions. The front forks are fully adjustable in terms of damping and spring preload.
A 32-bit engine control module provides state-of-the-art engine management and has optimised settings to suit the single muffler, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- Twin iridium spark plugs for each cylinder heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, thereby contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle.
- Pistons were engineered with use of FEM analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- Fuel injection by Suzuki’s original Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system enables smooth power delivery and optimal combustion efficiency.
- 10-hole fuel injectors (replacing four-hole injectors) on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and lower fuel consumption.
- Fuel economy (20.9km/L in the Worldwide Motorcycle Test Cycle) is 16% better than that of the previous model.
- A newly designed magneto has low-loss material that heightens power-generating efficiency for lower mechanical losses and accordingly higher output at low and medium-range engine speeds.
- The open-type rectifier disconnects the magneto when the magneto is not generating electricity. Since the magneto does not work unnecessarily, mechanical losses are lower and torque is accordingly higher at low and mid-range engine speeds.
- The single-muffler layout gives a lower centre of gravity and thereby enables better handling and manoeuvrability.
- The exhaust system has Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) technology. An ECM-controlled butterfly in the exhaust pipe optimises the exhaust pressure, increases controllability.
- A large-volume catalyzer further reduces emissions of hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen oxides, thereby enabling the bike to satisfy the Euro 3 regulations.
- Seat and fuel tank meet slim thanks to slim V-twin engine design, enables easy foot reach to the ground. High and Low Genuine Accessory seat options are also available.
- Rear suspension spring pre-load is adjustable in 24ways without using tools.
- Lightweight 10-spoke cast-aluminium wheels (manufactured by Enkei) combine nimble handling with sporty looks.
- The rider can switching between LCD readings using the left handlebar switch.
- To emphasise Suzuki’s heritage, the bike reflects design cues from the 1988 DR750S, Suzuki’s first adventure touring motorcycle.
- The headlights have the distinctive vertical configuration seen on the Hayabusa and GSX-R sportbikes.
- Rear combination lights have LEDs, which offer higher visibility and greater durability than bulbs.
- The seat is shaped for comfort and to allow riders to easily put their feet on the ground. The side walls of the seat have a high-grip texture for strong hold.