SUZUKI AUSTRALIA PTY LIMITED
ACN 001 828 164 ABN 57 001 828 164
What information does Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers collect?
- the Suzuki website owned and operated by Suzuki Australia and any authorised websites (for a list of the current authorised websites see the Terms & Conditions;
- the SuzukiNet extranet owned and operated by Suzuki Australia;
- the Suzuki On Line extranet owned and operated by Suzuki Australia;
- employee applications;
- franchising applications;
- third party service providers;
- retail delivery advices;
- information on dispatch notices;
- requests for brochures, to join a mailing list or to be contacted for further information about a Suzuki Australia product or services at a Suzuki Australia trade show or promotional day or from the Suzuki websites;
- entries into competitions or trade promotions carried out by Suzuki Australia or an Authorised Dealer;
- test drives of vehicles through Authorised Dealers;
- responses to surveys or research conducted by Suzuki Australia or an Authorised Dealer;
- purchases of vehicles and/or parts from Authorised Dealers.
Personal information is any information that discloses the identity of an individual, or the identity of the individual is reasonably ascertainable from the information.
Please note that employee information is exempt from the Privacy Act.
Under the Privacy Act, certain types of personal information are regarded as sensitive and must be treated with a higher standard of care. This includes information relating to health, religious beliefs and criminal records. Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers do not normally collect this kind of information.
The types of personal information Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers will collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which that information is collected. It may include:
- contact details (i.e. your name, address, email, phone and facsimile details);
- information on prior purchase experience with Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers;
- age, occupation and information on personal lifestyle preferences for marketing purposes;
- driver's licence details (only collected for test drives purposes); and
- financial information (collected for purposes of franchise and employee applications, and information may be collected on salary ranges from surveys and research).
Most of Suzuki Australia's and its Authorised Dealers' relationships are with existing and potential vehicle purchasers. Our records about these contracts will generally include contract details, transactions with Suzuki Australia or its Authorised Dealers including warranty and registration information, and information about their interest in our products and services.
How Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers handle personal information that belongs to clients
Many parts of our business handle personal information for a variety of purposes, including :
- processing employees applications;
- processing franchise applications;
- processing retail delivery advices;
- providing information or brochures on Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers' products and services as requested by current or potential clients;
- in relation to competitions and trade promotions carried out by Suzuki Australia or its Authorised Dealers;
- arranging for information on future Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealer's products and services to be mailed to clients;
- in relation to test drives;
- undertaking research or surveys;
- to arrange for vehicle registration for Suzuki Australia's motorcycles or motor vehicles.;
- in relation to product recalls;
- in order to place orders for Suzuki Australia parts and merchandise, motorcycles or motor vehicles;
- processing claims for Suzuki Australia parts and merchandise, motorcycles or motor vehicles throughout the warranty period and maintaining vehicle history throughout the warranty period.
Information collected by Suzuki Australia may also be posted on Suzuki On Line, where it is accessible by Authorised Dealers.
In handling personal information, Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers only process it for:
- the purpose of providing the services requested; or
- for any other purpose which is communicated at or near the time the personal information is collected by Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers.
How Suzuki Australia handles employee applications
We request applicants send only copies of their resumes to Suzuki Australia for consideration, as resumes will not be returned.
All resumes of non-successful applicants will be destroyed.
Using and disclosing your personal information
Your personal information is protected so that only those personnel and contractors with a business requirement to have access to this personal information will be granted access.
Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers generally explain how it will use or disclose personal information at the time it collects the information. Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers share personal information. Suzuki Australia may disclose personal information to its Authorised Dealers and Authorised Dealers may disclose personal information to Suzuki Australia. In addition, personal information may be disclosed when:
- required by law;
- it is necessary to implement our terms of service;
- it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another Suzuki Australia or Authorised Dealer client, any member of the public or Suzuki Australia;
- the assets and operations of the business are transferred to another party as a going concern; or
- you have provided your consent.
Like most large organisations, we use a range of service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations. This means that individuals and organisations outside of Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers such as roadside assistance service providers and mailhouses will sometimes have access to personal information held by Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers and may use it on behalf of Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for any unauthorised purposes.
Like most businesses, marketing is important to Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers continued success. We believe we have a unique range of products that we provide to customers. We therefore like to stay in touch with clients and let them know about new products, as well as using contact lists to promote these new products.
In the event that demographic information is collected from our clients or potential clients, it is de-personalised and used for internal information purposes only.
When you provide your personal information to Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers, we will ask you to choose as to whether or not you wish to receive further information about promotions and other products. We also send promotional information to other people who are not Suzuki Australia or its Authorised Dealers clients as they may request to introduce them to our products. Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers may contact you from time to time on an ongoing basis to provide you with information in relation to Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers' promotions, products and services, by email or telephone unless you indicate otherwise. If a person indicates to us that they do not wish to receive this information, we will not send further communications to them.
Individuals are always welcome to accept or decline communications from Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers. At any time a person may opt-out of receiving communications. If you are receiving promotional information about Suzuki Australia or its Authorised Dealers you do not wish to receive, you may remove your name from our list by contacting the Suzuki Australia Privacy Officer, on e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, asking to be removed from our mailing list. Suzuki Australia will inform its Authorised Dealers of the request for removal from its mailing list.
You can access the information we keep about you
The Privacy Act sets out the rights that you have as an individual to see any personal information that Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers may have concerning you. If you would like to:
- see your personal information; or
- change any inaccurate or out of date personal information.
Please contact us by contacting the Privacy Officer in the manner described in clause 6 above. Suzuki Australia will inform its Authorised Dealers of the request.
Our files of your information will be made available to you usually within 14 days. In some cases Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers may need to impose a charge for providing access to personal information to reflect the cost of collating this information and providing it to you.
Deleting the information Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers have about you
If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact the Privacy Officer in the manner described in clause 6 above. Suzuki Australia will inform its Authorised Dealers of the request. Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons. Occasionally, information that a persons requests to be removed will be retained in certain files in order to resolve disputes or for auditing purposes. In addition, information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints, including stored "back up" systems. Therefore, individuals should not expect that all of their personally identifiable information will be completely removed from our databases in response to their requests.
Storage and security of your personal information
Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers understand the importance of information security. Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep Customer information secure. Customer information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. In addition, our employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers.
Unfortunately, no information security system over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times. We do however regularly review our security practices to minimise the possibility of any unauthorised access to personal information or other confidential information.
Please note that Suzuki Australia and its Authorised Dealers may use other facilities, either owned by Suzuki Australia or a third party service provider, to process or back up its information, which may be located outside Australia and may not have the same level of protection. However this does not change our commitment to the security of your information.
The Suzuki websites
Through the Suzuki websites and Suzuki extranet sites, Suzuki Australia may gather and process the following information:
- personal information provided by the user in accessing the website or extranet or services provided on the website or extranet; and
- the manner of use of the website and extranet including information obtained through the use of "cookies."
Suzuki Australia and links to other websites
Suzuki Australia may provide links to websites outside of the Suzuki Australia business. These linked sites are not under the control of Suzuki Australia and we are not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website we suggest that you examine the terms and conditions of those websites.
What to do if you have a problem or question