Model code: GSX1300RAL3
More than a decade ago, Suzuki developed a machine so unique that it instantly attracted a devoted following around the world. Like its namesake, the Japanese peregrine falcon, Hayabusa is famed for cutting through the air with incredible agility and performance. It combines massive thrust, unmatched manoeuvrability, and a silky smooth ride on city streets or the open road. Beneath its windswept design beats the legendary Suzuki Hayabusa engine. The resonating feel of pure power evokes an attitude of bold authority from both machine and rider.
Engineered to perform like a heavyweight boxer-muscular yet surprisingly agile. While riders rarely need to call on its full punch off the line, the overabundant power and fleet-footed performance inspire confidence in everyday riding. That restrained yet refined energy is the presence that turns heads when a Hayabusa and rider pass.
Hayabusa is equally at home on the highway or city streets. The low centre of gravity that lets it conquer winding roads also makes Hayabusa a nimble urban predator. Plus, the Hayabusa's high-quality finish and attention to detail betray unequalled pride of craftsmanship that will become your pride of ownership. The bold design also gives it a unique aura and formidable presence not found in other bikes.
The 2013 model comes newly equipped with top-of-the-line Brembo Monobloc high-performance calipers and an Antilock Brake System. These features are sure to appeal to lone riders cruising the highway as well as touring couples.
Through countless engineering refinements of the original design, the Hayabusa spirit has endured. Its incomparable performance delivers a fun and sporty ride at any speed, setting the bar high for rivals and defining the "Ultimate Sport Bike." The radically original yet timeless styling also reflects the spirit of the person who owns a Hayabusa.
- Lighter and more rigid than conventional bolt-together calipers, the Hayabusa's top-of-the-line radial-mount Brembo Monobloc front brake calipers deliver better feedback to the rider. Piston diameter was enlarged from 32-30mm to 32-32mm. Larger pistons help apply greater force to the brake disc, which results in increased initial bite and a more controlled feeling
- New, standard equipment Antilock Brake System (ABS) unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS enhances brake performance by helping prevent, to a certain extent, wheel locking due to changes in road conditions or excessive braking, by matching stopping power to available traction.\
- A 1340cc in-line 4-cylinder fuel injected, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves and Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers (TSCC) provides phenomenal power and broad torque delivering breath taking acceleration.
- Lightweight aluminium alloy pistons with a compression ratio of 12.5:1 are used for maximum performance in all conditions. Hard, smooth chrome-nitride Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD) coating on the upper compression and oil control rings on each piston reduces friction while improving cylinder sealing.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder plating improves heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
- Lightweight titanium valves allow the use of light valve springs and high lift while maintaining accurate valve control. Iridium spark plugs are used for high combustion efficiency.
- Curved radiator with a compact, dense-core design and engine-management-computer-controlled two ring-type electric fans mounted on the rear of the radiator, increasing the control accuracy and keeping engine temperature stable.
- The Hayabusa's engine is fed by tapered, 44mm double barrel Suzuki's SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) throttle bodies utilizing dual 12-hole, fine-spray injectors per cylinder and ram air intake with large volume airbox. This precise, carefully controlled system improves combustion efficiency results in improved power delivery and a more linear response.
- S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector) allows the rider to choose from three different engine settings depending on riding conditions or rider preferences.
- An optimized 6-speed transmission features oil spray to the 4th, 5th, and 6th gears to reduce wear and mechanical noise during highway cruising.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) serves as back-torque-limiting system for smooth downshifts and also contributes to a light clutch pull.
- A lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminium frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength.
- KYB inverted cartridge forks feature a Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating surface treatment on the 43mm stanchion tubes to reduce friction and increase reaction to small surface irregularities. Spring preload, compression damping and rebound damping are fully adjustable.
- A bridged aluminium alloy swingarm features a cross-sectional shape for increased rigidity, which also helps cope with improved rear tire grip and increased engine output. The Hayabusa's fully adjustable rear shock absorber has a 43mm piston and 14mm rod diameter.
- Large 310mm (12.2 inch) dual-floating-disc front brakes with efficient, race-proven aluminium-piston, radial-mount Brembo calipers, and 260mm (10.2 inch) single-disc rear brake with single-piston brake caliper work together with a new ABS system offering superior braking performance
- The Hayabusa's instrument cluster features four analog meters for speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and water temperature with an S-DMS mode indicator, gear position indicator and adjustable engine-rpm indicator.
- Vertically stacked twin headlights provide increased light intensity, improved light distribution and match the elegant flow of the Hayabusa styling.
- Advanced aerodynamics offering superb wind protection both for normal and completely tucked-in seating positions.
*Please note that ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves, corners and traffic congestion