Model code: GSX-R1000ZL3
Celebrating 1 Million
Suzuki has recently produced its one millionth GSX-R motorcycle and is celebrating this special milestone with a commemorative edition of its flagship sportsbike, the GSX-R1000.
Worldwide there will be 1985 commemorative editions of the GSX-R1000 and just 100 available in Australia, to celebrate the very first year the GSX-R was born.
The commemorative edition of the GSX-R1000 features a brand-new colour scheme reflecting its race heritage, decals on wheels, special anniversary decals and matching seat cowl.
A unique serial number plate and special key add to the value and exclusivity of this special edition.
Special Features only for GSX-R 1 million Commemorative Edition
- Special Commemorative graphics.
- A serial plate of GSX-R 1 million Commemorative Edition on front fork upper bracket.
- Red-anodized front fork caps.
- Gold-coloured front fork outer tube.
- Red-coloured rear suspension spring.
- Black-coloured caliper with red-coloured letter of "Brembo".
- Special pin stripes on the wheels
- A special key fob with "R" logo printed.
- A single seat cowl is standard equipment.
- 999cm3 4-cylinder powerplant, with Bore x stroke of 74.5mm x 57.3mm brings enhanced throttle response across the entire rpm range and high potential for racetrack performance.
- The compact engine enables short wheelbase and long swingarm at the same time to improve racetrack performance.
- Lightweight, durable forged pistons are designed with the Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology used for MotoGP racing engines.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
- Pentagonal shaped ventilation holes in the sides of each cylinder bore reduce pumping losses due to internal crankcase air-pressure resistance to downward piston movement.
- Optimized camshaft profiles for great racing potential was developed using proven MotoGP racing engine technology.
- Optimally shaped combustion chambers and a compression ratio of 12.9:1 promote low-range and mid-range performance and help realize a broad torque curve.
- Iridium type spark plugs produce a strong spark for efficient combustion.
- 12-hole fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for more complete combustion, reducing fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
- An Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has optimized settings to suit the single muffler, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of three performance settings to suit riding conditions and personal taste. The switch is located on the left handlebar control module.
- The 4-2-1 exhaust system carries a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve maximizing torque and improving throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid rpm range.
- Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
- Large, efficient radiator with a trapezoidal shape developed on factory team race bikes and a trapezoidal engine oil cooler both help reduce drag.
- A lightweight and compact twin-spar frame is made of five cast sections. It is mated with an arched swingarm made of three castings and one-piece die-cast rear subframe.
- Big Piston Front forks (BPF) with an endurance-race-proven design deliver superb feedback and responsive, stable operation, and are lightweight.
- Rear shock absorber features adjustable rebound damping, spring preload, and both high-speed and low-speed compression damping.
- The front disc brakes are equipped with the top-of-the-line radial-mount Brembo monobloc calipers.
- The rear brake system with single-piston caliper contributes to a reduction of unsprung weight.
- The lightweight and high-grip front and rear tires reduce unsprung weight for sharp handling.
- Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.
- 3-way adjustable footpegs, adjustable shift lever and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position.
- Instruments include a silver-ringed analog tachometer with LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure warning indicator, gear position indicator, lap timer/stopwatch, S-DMS setting indicator and bar-graph indicating the instrument lighting level, or brightness.
- The edgy and clean GSX-R1000Z styling incorporates fairing and bodywork details aimed at reducing turbulence and drag.
- Distinctive multi-reflector headlight with vertically stacked high and low-beam halogen bulbs is centered between position light on each side.
- Attention to rider comfort includes a carefully shaped seat with high-grip leather for better holding feel.
- Supplied single seat cowl can be replaced with the tandem seat for an even more aggressive image and solo rides or track days.