Model code: GSX1300RL2
Unique, timeless styling sculpted for wind-cheating aerodynamics. Long-distance comfort with effortless acceleration and sporty handling. A full 1,340cc of broad, muscular torque.
The Hayabusa, a two-wheeled legend in a class of its own, defining balanced performance, defining Ultimate Sport.
- Redesigned instrument cluster now features four analog meters for speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and water temperature with a new S-DMS mode indicator, gear position indicator and adjustable engine rpm indicator.
- 1340cc engine, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves, Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers provides 11% higher performance and smoother operation.
- Suzuki SDTV fuel injection system with dual injectors per cylinder and ram air intake with large volume airbox.
- S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector) allows the rider to choose from three different engine settings depending on riding conditions or rider preferences.
- Lightweight titanium intake and exhaust valves with narrow 14 degree valve angle for high combustion chamber efficiency.
- Lightweight aluminium alloy pistons feature a revised shape and a higher compression ratio of 12.5:1 for maximum performance in all conditions.
- SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation and new hydraulic cam chain tensioner for reduced mechanical noise.
- Ventilation holes at the cylinder skirt for reduced pumping losses and increased performance.
- High efficiency curved radiator now features dual electric fans controlled by the ECM for increased cooling capacity. Oil cooler now has 10 rows cores for increased heat dissipation.
- Large volume 4-2-1-2 exhaust system with a large capacity catalyser, dual triangular canisters and closed loop system that meets Euro 3 and Tier 2 regulations.
- Shot-peened chrome-moly steel connecting rods for maximum durability Ion plating treatment utilizing PVD (physical vapour deposit) method is applied to piston rings providing a smoother surface treatment for increased durability, reduced friction loss and reduced oil consumption.
- Slick shifting 6 speed transmission working in conjunction with an innovative back torque limiting clutch for smooth and controlled downshifts.
- Aggressive aerodynamic fairing design with low drag coefficient retains its signature Hayabusa look and features an updated, muscular look to work with the new more powerful engine and updated chassis.
- Fully adjustable inverted front fork featuring DLC coated inner tubes for minimal friction resistance and outstanding suspension performance over a variety of riding conditions.
- Fully adjustable rear shock absorber with a 43mm piston and 14mm rod diameter.
- Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminium frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength.
- Bridged aluminium alloy swingarm features a new cross-sectional shape for increased rigidity and to cope with improved rear tire grip and increased engine output.
- Radial-mount front brake calipers for maximum braking performance and allows for smaller 310mm front brake rotors resulting in reduced unsprung weight and improved handling.
- Lightweight single piston rear brake caliper working in conjunction with a new larger 260mm rear brake disc.
- Newly designed wheels mounted with high performance Bridgestone BT-015 tyres for unmatched handling and control.
- Passenger seat and rear subframe are lowered for improved passenger comfort
- Fuel tank height is lowered to allow riders helmet to tuck in and windscreen height is increased for improved wind protection and optimum aerodynamic efficiency with the rider in place.
- Newly designed vertically stacked twin headlights provide increased light intensity, improved light distribution and match the elegant flow of the new Hayabusa styling.
- LED taillight utilizes a double lens structure with a clear inner lens and a red outer lens for maximum visibility and a high quality finish.