Model code: GSX-R600L2
Every Inch A Champion
At the heart of the all new GSX-R600 is a compact 599cc, four cylinder, liquid cooled engine, featuring a class-leading power-to-weight ratio and reduced weight for enhanced running performance.
A proven race winner, the Suzuki GSX-R600 has dominated racetracks and advanced technology developed in MotoGP racing is present in the GSX-R600’s engine with a refined ignition control and specially designed pistons and camshafts for improved overall acceleration.
Equipped with two performance settings, the refined Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers advanced digital engine management for instantaneous switching between engine maps to suit rider preference or riding conditions.
An innovative back-torque limiting clutch helps makes downshifts smoother and more controlled, while the six-speed transmission features new drive ratios for improved low-to-mid rpm range acceleration performance. The GSX-R600’s all new chassis has been redesigned with an emphasis on weight reduction and compactness to improve overall handling.
With a newly designed, lightweight twin-spar aluminium frame, made from just five cast sections, and revolutionary inverted Showa Big Piston Front-forks (BPF), the GSX-R600 offers supreme handling at racetrack speeds.
A relatively low seat height and a shorter reach to the handlebars due to the 15mm shorter wheelbase creates a seating position carefully designed to work well both for racetrack and street riding.
Delivering advanced stopping power, the GSX-R600’s braking system now uses dual radial-mounted, four-piston Brembo monoblock calipers and 310mm dual floating discs, and a single piston rear brake caliper with a 220mm disc.
The GSX-R600 is now available, backed by Suzuki’s two-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
- 599cm3 4-cylinder engine with a race-proven oversquare bore/stroke ratio for an efficient, high-revving design.
- The engine employs shot-peened conrods, chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes.
- Suzuki Advanced Immobilizer System (SAIS).
- Lightweight, durable forged pistons designed using Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology used for MotoGP racing engines.
- Camshaft profiles for an aggressive valve-lift curve, developed using proven MotoGP racing engine technology – its first use on a production Suzuki.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection, using fine-spray 8-hole injectors for improved fuel atomization, which contributes to more complete combustion.
- Advanced, MotoGP-developed transistorized ignition control circuit helps maintain more precise spark timing across the range of engine temperature.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of two racing-developed engine control maps to suit road conditions and personal tastes.
- 4-into-1 stainless-steel exhaust system with a titanium muffler, carrying a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve maximizing torque and improving throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid rpm range.
- Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
- Lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminum cradle frame made of five cast sections and cast swingarm.
- Race-developed, lightweight Showa Big Piston Front-forks (BPF) deliver superb feedback and consistent performance.
- Single Showa rear shock features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
- Electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at slower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.
- Front brakes with fully floating 310mm discs and radial-mount, four-piston Brembo monoblock calipers.
- 3-way adjustable footpegs, adjustable shift lever, and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position.
- Compact, lightweight instrument cluster with a built-in lap timer/stopwatch and programmable engine rpm indicators.
- Small, simple and lightweight bodywork composing an exciting, aerodynamic styling.
- Analog tachometer. LCD readouts include speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, S-DMS and gear position indicator.
- Rolling-code anti-theft immobilizer system is standard in selected markets