Model code: GSF1250SL2
It stole the imagination of open road riders everywhere. Now the Bandit is even better with its unmatched balance of superior performance, eye-catching style and advanced technology.
The compact 1,255cc liquid-cooled engine delivers arm-stretching power and torque, civilised by the smooth acceleration of the new SDTV fuel injection system. A secondary balancer shaft reduces vibration while the new slick-shifting six-speed transmission improves acceleration, at the same time reducing top gear rpm at highway speeds. A hydraulic clutch and liquid-cooled oil cooler complete the big-bore power plant.
The distinctive styling of the chassis isn't just about looks either, the frame featuring larger diameter down tubes for better balance and handling. Meanwhile the wide seat is height adjustable by up to 20mm for improved comfort on those long rides and you'll enjoy fewer interruptions thanks to the large-capacity fuel tank.
In developing the Bandit 1250S, the dedicated team of Suzuki engineers have produced a cruiser of unmatched performance, style and value. A machine that truly owns the highway and gets you away.
- Liquid-cooled DOHC engine with a full 1255cc of torque-producing displacement for extra-smooth acceleration and relaxed highway cruising.
- The well-exposed, symmetrical-layout (centre-cam-drive) powerplant forms the core of Bandit 1250S's beautiful appearance.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection provides exceptional response, smooth power output, improved mileage and reduced emissions.
- Long-wearing, tough Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder-bore plating.
- Friction-reducing chrome-nitride piston-ring coating.
- Secondary balancer shaft enhances the engine's smooth operation.
- Effective engine management and emissions control systems allow the Bandit 1250S to meet tough Euro 3 and Tier 2 emissions standards.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler helps keep the engine running cool.
- Six-speed transmission with gear ratios chosen for powerful acceleration and smooth highway cruising.
- Classic tube-frame chassis, with rake and trail chosen for an excellent balance between sporty handling and highway cruising comfort.
- 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and single rear shock absorber, both are spring-preload-adjustable.
- Fully floating 310mm (12.2-inch) dual-disc front brake with 4-piston calipers
- 240mm (9.4-inch) disc rear brake with single-piston caliper.
- Radial tyres on cast 3-spoke aluminium-alloy wheels.
- Seat height can be adjusted up or down 20mm by flipping over mounting spacers.
- Convenient centerstand.
- The Bandit 1250S comes with a sleek half-fairing with built-in line-beam headlight and an effective windscreen.
- The Bandit 1250 features round headlight, bullet-shaped instrument bodies and streamlined colour-coordinated trim between them.
- Analog tachometer, LCD digital speedometer, LCD fuel gauge and clock, and LED indicator lights.