Model code: GS500FL1
A Recipe For Added Excitement
The GS500F is the benchmark for reliability, economy and versatility.
The GS500F is equipped with disc brakes and preload-adjustable rear suspension, while a 20-litre fuel tank delivers an excellent fuel range.
A relaxed riding position, comfortably-positioned handlebars and a well-padded, low seat ensure rider comfort on the ever popular GS500F.
With a fresh new face, the GS500F opens up new roads. The racing inspired full fairing and vertical headlight design make it a head turner.
Powered by a lightweight and reliable, 487cc parallel-twin engine, both models are eligible for the Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme (LAMS), governing motorcycle usage by learner riders in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, A.C.T., Tasmania and the Northern Territory.
Get equipped to explore new horizons.
- 487cc, air-cooled, DOHC, parallel-twin engine with simple, compact, lightweight and low-maintenance design, built to produce useful accessible power over broad rpm range.
- Transistorised electronic ignition and precise MIKUNI BSR34 carburetion keep the engine running very efficiently and help deliver plentiful torque at low rpm.
- Air-cooling oil cooler enhances engine reliability.
- Two-into-one exhaust system adds an invigorating note to the engine's distinct pulses, yielding good power delivery.
- Front telescopic forks and rear monoshock absorber both tuned for exciting combination of precise handling and supple ride.
- Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system effectively keeps emissions low.
- The GS500F design brings together a low centre of gravity and compliant suspension setup for an excellent combination of sporty handling performance and smooth riding comfort.
- Lightweight and modest 790mm height well-padded seat help make stop and go in city traffic easier.
- Easily accessible 7-way preload adjuster of rear suspension allowing quick tailoring to rider's preference.
- Front disc brake with 2-piston caliper and rear disc brake provide excellent stopping power.
- 20 litre fuel tank, together with excellent engine fuel economy, means ample touring range.
- Practical and sporty full fairing enhances rider comfort, boosting the proven mid-size all-rounder appeal of the GS500 design with the looks and function of a long-distance touring machine. Sharp-styled slots and cutouts on the fairing help keep the engine running efficiently.
- Racer-replica-inspired vertical light configuration has high/low beam headlight integrated with a positioning light below it for boldly accentuates the fully faired appearance of the GS500F.