Model code: GS500L1
Clear Your Schedule
Even at standstill this bike's classic gilt-edged styling is impossible to miss. Short one-piece handlebars and a sculpted fuel tank provide a compelling urge to hop on board. Double-beam chassis optimises rigidity and perfectly frames the engine.
Powered by a lightweight and reliable, 487cc parallel-twin engine, both models are eligible for the Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme (LAMS), governing motorcycle usage by learner riders in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Queensland, A.C.T., Tasmania and the Northern Territory.
The GS500 is equipped with disc brakes and preload-adjustable rear suspension, while a 20-litre fuel tank delivers an excellent fuel range.
Comfort wise, a smooth seat allows the rider to shift riding position when cornering, while the grippy pillion seat and grabrail make two-up riding a breeze. The GS500. A dream ride for any destination.
- 487cc, air-cooled, DOHC, parallel-twin engine with simple, compact, lightweight and low-maintenance design, built to produce useful accessible power over a broad rpm range.
- Transistorised electronic ignition and precise MIKUNI BSR34 carburetion keep the engine running very efficiently and help deliver plentiful torque at low rpm.
- Two-into-one exhaust system adds invigorating an note to the engine's distinct pulses, yielding a good power delivery.
- Front telescopic forks and rear monoshock absorber both tuned for exciting combination of precise handling and supple ride.
- Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system effectively keeps emissions low.
- Easily accessible 7-way preload adjuster of rear suspension allowing quick tailoring to rider's preference.
- Black-painted double-cradle frame, dark-silver engine finish and upswept tail section are visual reminders of the GS500's high sports-riding potential.
- Front disc brake with 2-piston caliper and rear disc brake provide excellent stopping power.
- Well-padded seat with enough seating space and comfortably positioned handlebars for easy in-town riding. Smooth seat surface for the rider to move around easily.
- 20 litre fuel tank, together with excellent engine fuel economy, means ample touring range.
- User-friendly features include comprehensive instrument cluster, convenient centre stand and frame-mounted one-piece grab bar.