Model code: VLR1800TL1
How Adventure Starts
The Boulevard C109RT is a touring version of the C109R, with white wall tyres, an attractive two-tone paint scheme, studded seat trim and passenger footboards. When complimented with a host of optional genuine Suzuki accessories you can customise your ride and hit the streets or open road.
The traditional classic hard-tail styled cruiser is powered by the same modern high-performance 1,783cc, fuel injected, V-Twin engine as used by the M109R.
To enhance this responsive, massive torque producing power-plant is a five speed transmission, a shaft final drive, a linked front-and-rear disc brake system and a massive, ultra wide 240/55R16 rear radial tire.
A common sense comfortable riding position with chromed pullback handlebars and a wide seat completes the package to make this a cruiser that does it all.
This classic style cruiser compliments the extensive range of popular Suzuki Boulevard cruisers.
- 1783cc, 4-valve DOHC, 54 degree, liquid-cooled, fuel injected V-twin engine designed for strong throttle response and massive torque output
- 112mm bore and 90.5mm stroke utilizing forged aluminium alloy pistons with short skirts, and cut away sides riding on chrome moly steel connecting rods
- Unique new two-stage cam drive system creates a compact cylinder head design and reduces overall engine height and creates a lower centre of gravity
- Each bore is lined with Suzuki's race proven SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) for optimum heat transfer, tighter piston-to-cylinder clearances and reduced weight
- Crank inertia for the C109R is increased by 20% for increased torque delivery at low speed and for reduced vibration across the rpm range
- A compact dry sump lubrication system SASS (Suzuki Advanced Sump System) provides reduced engine height, a lower crankshaft position and lower centre of gravity
- Five speed transmission features carefully selected gear ratios for comfortable cruising in a variety of riding situations
- Three piece airbox uses dual intakes working through a pleated fabric air cleaner element
- Electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system (SDTV) with 52mm throttle bodies - maintains optimum air velocity for smooth low-to-mid range throttle response
- A new Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and stabilizes engine idle speed in various conditions
- Dual spark plug per cylinder ignition system is controlled by the powerful 32 bit ECM for improved combustion efficiency and reduced exhaust emissions
- High-tensile double cradle steel frame is built to comfortably handle all the power and torque while delivering agile handling and a plush smooth ride
- New cast alloy wheels feature a 10 spoke radial design for a clean and classic look. The new cast wheels measure a 3.50 x 16 inch up front and a massive 8.00 x 16 inch rear tyre wearing a huge 240mm radial tyre
- New combined braking system utilizes three pistons per caliper for the dual disc front braking system. When applying the front brake lever two pistons work at the front. When using the rear brake pedal both front brake and rear brake systems are combined using the rear brake and the middle piston of the front brake calipers through a delay valve.
- New pull back type handlebars feature a deep chrome plated finish and a beautiful wide design for a massive look
- 49mm front forks feature thick chrome covers for a stylish new look and feature 130mm of wheel travel
- Link type aluminium swingarm creating a rigid tail look with light weight and high rigidity
- New spacious floorboards for increased rider comfort and control
- New classic design brings combines the clean, sweeping good looks of a classic cruiser with high performance provided by Suzuki advanced technology
- The 2-into1-into-2 stainless steel chromed exhaust system features Suzuki's digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system for optimum engine performance and powerful v-twin sound