Model code: RMX450ZL2
Engineered To Excite
Racing improves the breed; Suzuki has proven that time and time again. Now it's time to rewrite the rules for the serious off-road rider with the RMX450Z.
Descending from the Championship winning RM-Z450, the first motocross bike to offer high-performance Suzuki fuel injection, the RMX450Z is a serious off-road bike for serious trail riders. Its powerful and torquey 449cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine shares all core technology with Suzuki's winning open-class motocrosser.
Its frame, suspension and bodywork are nearly all identical to the RM-Z450's - maintaining that model's slim, aggressive styling. Only changes to make the RMX450Z a superior trail machine have been made - maximum performance - no compromises.
That's like taking your hard-core motocross machine out onto the trail. Only better. Much better.
- 449cm3 4-stroke, 4-valve, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected DOHC powerplant based on that of Suzuki's winning open-class motocrosser RM-Z450.
- Trail-ready features include an electric starter powered by a compact battery, a coolant reservoir tank and an engine protector plate.
- A larger magneto-generator is fitted to charge the battery and power the lights.
- Advanced fuel-injection system makes for extra-smooth power delivery, high fuel efficiency, superb reliability and reduced emissions.
- The airbox features a hinged lid for quick air-filter maintenance and better protection from dust.
- Minimal modifications from the motocrosser engine include modified inlet tract and revised cam profiles to increase low and mid-rpm power.
- 5-speed transmission with wide gear ratios and primary/final drive ratios selected to suit various situations from steep trails to open terrain.
- The aluminum-alloy twin-spar frame combines cast and extruded sections to achieve low weight with high rigidity and high durability.
- RM-Z450-derived, trail-ready suspension, using high-performance Showa forks and Showa piggyback-reservoir style rear shock.
- Rear suspension linkage geometry combines the RM series' renowned turning-on-rails abilities with optimized handling performance for trail rides.
- The aluminum alloy swingarm, derived from RM-Z450, to maintain ideal balance, while the rear suspension linkage benefits from reduced free play.
- Motocross-developed seat, slim bodywork and low-profile aluminum-alloy fuel tank together compose a comfortable, ergonomical riding position.
- The full-function, two (sport/standard) mode instrument cluster in a durable, ultra-compact housing includes a low fuel level warning light.
- Useful two-mode instrument display; Sport mode simply shows timer, tripmeter, average speed and tire-diameter correction.
- Standard mode also shows speed, time, two trip lengths and voltage.
- An integrated tyre diameter calculator allows precise fine tuning for different tyres to ensure accuracy of the speed and distance displays.