Model code: DL1000L2
Your Adventure Awaits
Presenting a bike so revolutionary it opened the door on an entirely new motorcycle category: Sport Enduro Tourer. City road, open road, it has the cornering clearance of a sportsbike, the cruising capability of a tourer.
A powerplant based on the proven TL1000, a textbook example of advance design that houses a pulsing 90° V-twin. A performance package rich in refinements, the aluminium twin-spar frame is lighter than steel frames. An upright seating position ensures optimum visibility, the 22-litre fuel tank gives you the riding range of a touring machine.
Engineered to have no limits, this all-rounder lets you live the adventure in your mind.
- 996cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90-degree V-Twin engine provides strong and accessible power throughout the rpm range for exhilarating performance.
- Advanced digital engine management system featuring Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV), delivers optimum combustion efficiency for linear response, fuel economy and superior low-end torque, along with low emissions.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) plated cylinder bores and lightweight forged pistons both provide maximum efficiency. Compact cylinder heads, short crankshaft and staggered transmission shafts for light compact design.
- Auto fast idling system brings smooth starting operation.
- Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system effectively keeps emissions low.
- Broadly spread gear ratios yield both sparkling low-range acceleration and effortless high-speed cruising. Light clutch-lever for smooth gear shifts.
- Carefully shaped 3-step manually adjustable windscreen with total 50mm of vertical movement range to suit a variety of riders.
- Lightweight aluminium twin-spar frame and swingarm keep the dry weight to be at almost sportbike level.
- Chassis dimensions including wheelbase confidently deliver high-speed stability while keeping sporty and sharp steering response.
- Long-travel front and rear suspensions deliver a comfortable ride over a wide range of surface conditions. Well-damped suspension provides superb feedback for sporty riding.
- Upright, relaxed riding position, well-padded seat and an aerodynamic fairing yield all-day-long comfort.
- Large 22 litre fuel tank, combined with an overall low weight and high fuel efficiency, makes for a long riding range.
- Dual floating front disc brakes and single rear disc brake provide strong stopping power.
- Easy-to-read instrument cluster includes a dual trip meter, coolant temperature gauge, fuel gauge and LED indicator lamps.
- Integral rear luggage carrier comes with a rubberized surface to facilitate transporting luggage; high-mounted mufflers leave fitting space for pannier cases.
- Easily adjustable rear spring preload compensating for varying luggage or passenger loads.